May 23, 2014

AS IF FROM A DREAM








it has been nearly a week and I have just now looked at these images - nearly a week since we left 

I thought for weeks about taking these images before our last night (or what we thought would be our last night, we underestimated how long we need the next day and had to sleep another night), somehow it felt so final to take them. These scenes, the almost playful way the ambient light of the city lay shadows over our walls and ceiling, these shapes were part of my nightlife. Photographing them felt like telling a secret, a bit of a relief.

2 comments:

Brienne Moody said...

Beautiful. Sad too. This time of day, especially on Sundays, is the hardest for me. I do not know why:) Also, I can comment now, woot!

McKenzie said...

Thanks Brienne! So grateful for your comments ;)